6.28.2008

Everybody Cut Footloose

Every year Lehi holds Round-up Days the last week of June, and every year we've lived here we've enjoyed it (except last year, but that's another post). It is tradition that half of the LDS wards in Lehi enter a float one year and the other half the next year, and the Primary children walk with their ward floats. This was our year!

Our float's theme was Footloose, and we were! Our float, a big red Converse high-top, blared the title song. Some of the primary kids (Kenzie & Maddie included) danced to the chorus at the head of the float.

Friday night Morgan was hesitant about the experience and stayed in Mom's water bottle/candy wagon. Saturday morning she was brave enough to try the float and had a blast, asking if we could do the parade again tomorrow.
Clayton and his favorite sidekick, Jaxon, were my amazing helpers. They squirted the dancers, float pullers, and each other--keeping everyone cool. They hucked bubblegum into the crowd like nobody's business. They attempted to assist the older boys with pulling the float, and they were even caught attempting to dance a few times.

I love the spirit of walking about two miles in a parade with a bunch of energetic kids . . . even in the blistering 94° heat. I love that my husband and my brother, who lives ten doors down, walked the parade with me both times to help with kid control! And I love that Friday night we could go from the parade to get burritos at the new El Pollo Loco; finally there's one in Utah. Right here in our own hometown. Right here in Lehi City!

4 comments:

shana said...

Looks like we need to do some picture swapping...(or i could have spencer "rip" them off your blog??) Anyway, cute post--you are a trooper to walk all that way and keep ALL the kids under control, not just yours. Too bad I forgot about the mexican place(I don't know how to spell it) I saw it featured on good things Utah and have never been there but thought it sounded awesome!

Brian and Kristin Barlow said...

My kids loved the parade! They are planning on having an open schedule for their next chance to walk the parade. Amazing how they can walk so well in the heat for an audience yet mine seem to be too tired to put their shoes away! Good work, I enjoyed watching you troopers from the sidelines!!

Jenny said...

What a fun day! So, is that a good place to eat?

Camille said...

How fun! I wish we did that here. We have a 4th of July parade here every year, but the church hasn't ever done a float since we've been here.