10.24.2008

Besaw Cousin Halloween Party


We kicked off Halloween early this year with a cousins party at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We wanted to have it before UEA weekend and before Grandma and Grandpa flew to Florida for a family reunion. We changed last year from having the big family bash at our house on the 31st to doing a pre-Halloween party because the kids are getting old enough that they want to spend more time trick-or-treating in their own neighborhoods.

For Halloween this year I was out-voted (which I'm still sad about), so for the first time in six years we do not have a family costume theme. Instead, Mackenzie is going as Sharpay Evans from High School Musical, Madison as Hannah Montana, Clayton as Sir Clayton the Brave (a medieval knight), and Morgan as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. I think they look cute although they don't match!


This year we had a yummy soup bar with ice cream sundaes for dessert. The kids looked great in their costumes and we had some fun Halloween games. It still amazes me how thrilled kids get over prizes and treat bags! Of course, the highlight of the party is watching all the kids (Kent included) dance to theme music like "Thriller" with Grandma's strobe light going! Do they even make those anymore? It really adds life to the party!

5 comments:

Lisa Loeffler said...

Wow, Melissa! Your kids are so big now and I absolutely LOVE your family photo! You all look awesome and it sounds like you're still havin' fun - your halloween party sounds like a blast and there's nothing like getting all the cousins together. Your kids, like mine, will have fond memories of that forever! Also, do you really read 4 books a month????? I can't get through 2 chapters in a month! What's your secret?

T Fowler said...

So, I'm a little bummed that you don't have video of Kent dancing to Thriller!

Jenny said...

I'm still holding on to the theme! I didn't think it would work this year, but I talked them into it!

Winnie said...

I've always wanted to have a big Halloween bash but I've never wanted one enough to plan it. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through yours.

BTW, that is the saddest pumpkin I have ever seen :{

Naomi said...

It's great to see that you also have a blog! Check out ours www.nanddpatterson.blogspot.com
-Naomi