10.04.2008

Soccer Rainout . . . but not Football!


Clayton's last soccer game of the season was rained out. Or at least the other team didn't show up, so it seems it was rained out. Those sissies were too chicken to show up! But not the Red Dragons!


Football didn't get rained out (though it was pouring), and thank goodness because Clayton had a great game. On his first run he went the length of the field before an opponent got his flag just before he could score. His second run was just a blur as he crossed the goal line. Why is it that the picture you always really want to turn out never does? Grrr. On defense Clayton did well, too, getting four "tackles."

5 comments:

shana said...

I'll have to get a copy of your soccer pictures,and your welcome to have any of my football pictures--I'm sure you'll want some of them standing around since those are my speciality! Clayton did awesome!

Wendy said...

What a full Saturday with soccer and football. We got rained out in soccer too, but they canceled all the games up here. Looks like fun~

Leslie said...

My boys will tell you that it doesn't get better than playing football in the rain...I beg to differ. Sounds like Clayton is having so much fun and doing well. We went to watch my little 7 year old nephew play flag football and he had a run similar to Clayton's except he stopped, on purpose, inches before the goal line because he thought he was in. At least Clayton can say he was flagged. Pictures are hard, but just keep on snapping because one good photo will make your season!

Jenny said...

They don't cancel football for anything! Brendan has played in a snow storm before!

Kent said...

What no mention of the supportive uncle who braved the storm to see his studly nephew. Just kidding! I loved that I was able to see Clayton and Jaxon rock the football world. I especially loved the smile on Clayton's face after he busted out his second long run of the day. Camera's can't truly capture those moments anyway.