8.03.2008

Barrett Cousins Reunion

Earlier this evening we had a Barrett cousins reunion. It's not very common for so many Barrett cousins to be in one location at the same time, so this was quite a welcome treat. Thanks Mom and Aunt Diane for putting this together! We all really had a great time.

Brent & Simone Laurence
My Parents
Frank & Diane Hunsaker
Diane's My Mom's Sister

You can sure tell that my mom (Simone) and Diane are sisters; they are daughters of Marvin and Nezzie Barrett. Marvin and Nezzie had ten children: Sherwood, Louise, Larry, Orson, Simone, Diane, Sharon, Letitia, Don, and Rebecca. At this reunion, there were three Barrett siblings' children represented: Orson's, Simone's, and Diane's.

Bryan & Toni Roberts
Toni's Orson's Daughter
David & Corrie Barrett
David's Orson's Son
Kevin & Patrice Laurence
Kevin's My Brother
Craig & Melissa Laurence
I'm Craig!
Mike & Ginger Steensma
Ginger's Diane's Daughter
Rick & Pam Peeler
Pam's Diane's Daughter

In many ways, David and I look more like brothers than my actual brothers. When we were younger, we almost looked like twins!

There's no doubt we've got Barrett blood.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

The photos and break downs of who's who will be a treasure to your children someday! There is something extra special about cousins and it's great that you've stayed in touch. Our kids don't have cousins their ages, but our cousins' kids are some of their best buddies!

Anonymous said...

Hey there ... how wonderful to see so many of us in these pictures! Thanks, Toni, for suggesting it. Now that you've got everyone's contact info, maybe we can arrange a bigger crowd next time. To see what I've been up to lately, you can check out my website www.clearaction.biz/hunsaker.html. Love ya! -Your Cousin, Lynn