8.05.2008

So Uncle Jerry's Famous!?

We were flipping through channels one evening when all the kids simultaneously shouted, "Hey, that's Uncle Jerry playing the piano!" Sure enough, there he was on KUED (the local PBS channel). Clayton's eyes got really wide as he inquired, "So Uncle Jerry's famous?" Melissa and I smiled and responded, "Well, he IS on tv." The kids sat mesmerized for the next hour as we watched the Osmond special.

They had no idea Jerry (our brother-in-law) is the musical director, even though we've told them a gazillion times. Funny how some things just don't sink in. Now that I think about it, I think they just didn't really know who the Osmonds are, let alone what a musical director is. They probably thought he led the music in his ward or something. As we tucked Clayton into bed that night he still had stars in his eyes: "Wow! I never knew I had a famous uncle!"

This past Pioneer Day, Jerry conducted the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as they performed with the Osmond family in the Tabernacle. What a treat for Jerry; we're thrilled for him. What a moment as he received a plaque from, and got to shake hands with, President Monson, the living prophet of God!

Congratulations, Jerry! The next time the kids dance around your family room singing "Follow the Prophet" bar mitzvah-style, it will have a little more meaning to them: "He knows the way . . . Hey!"

4 comments:

Wendy said...

That is classic. I bet they can't wait to see their uncle Jerry again!

shana said...

Hurry Hurry Brother Lammon is on KBYU as we speak! 11:28 p.m. he's talking about protecting yourself at BYU-Dang, Clayton could have known 2 famous people! You could also tell him I've been on T.V. ONCE too (not for anything that important though) so now he know's 3 famous people! He's so funny!

Kent said...

I guess that pushes my worm way down the list of cool uncle things he has seen.

Jenny said...

Can I be your friend? I love famous people! Melissa, have you finished the book?