8.01.2008

We All Scream for . . . Sorbet!?

Ice cream before bed was a way of life for me when I was growing up. Then, chocolate was my favorite, but I'm not really much of a chocolate ice cream fan anymore. Funny how that is. When I was a kid, one of my favorite ways to eat ice cream was to mash it and stir it until it was like a Wendy's frosty. I still like it that way; it brings out the kid in me. I especially like to do it that way with vanilla ice cream and Hershey's syrup. Go figure.

We don't have ice cream nearly as often as I did when I was a kid. I probably have ice cream once a month, but the kids have it a little more frequently. As Melissa had to run an errand this evening, I was alone in charge, and the kids all screamed for ice cream . . . but we were out. However, we did have sorbet, which is actually my favorite now. The kids thought it was a real treat to eat MY sorbet! When Melissa returned, she heard comments like this: Morgan: "Mommy, I ate ice cream outta a orange!" Mackenzie: "Can I keep my coconut shell? Mmm. Smell it. It tasted even better than it smells."

They acted really surprised about how good it is. It seems we now have little sorbet lovers on our hands.

1 comment:

Brian and Kristin Barlow said...

I recognize those little treats from Costco!! YUMMY! I bought those once and Brian and I ended up eating 3 each (I had to draw the line so we would stop). They are very yummy, you have lucky kids, we didn't share.