7.27.2008

Some Things Never Change

My freshman year at BYU I was terrified that my roommate selection was left to "chance," but I was blessed to be given the best roommates possible. Flori, Marci, Chris and I roomed together for two and a half years until Craig whisked me away. They are amazing ladies whom I've learned so much from, and I truly treasure our friendship. Friday night our family was able to meet with Flori and Marci and their families in Provo Canyon. It had been four and a half years since the three of us had been together (as they live in North Carolina and Colorado) and it was a wonderful reunion. Though the pictures show changes through the years, some things never change!


It was great to see Rob and Ben (their husbands whom they met during our freshman and sophomore years and waited for on missions) and remember fun times we had together. It was cute to see our kids pal around together as they explored the canyon. It was neat to be at the LeBaron's cabin again with good food, great friends, and lots of laughter - THANK YOU Mom and Dad LeBaron!

We had a wonderful time, but there were two problems: (1) Chris wasn't there and (2) it wasn't long enough! We MISSED you, Chris!


I came home in such a great mood that despite the late hour I agreed to prolong the event by doing sparklers with the kids. It was a night I will always remember, and I look forward to seeing them again soon . . . hopefully sooner than four and a half more years!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You haven't changed a bit!

shana said...

Wow! your a posting maniac! You guys have been busy! It's always good to get together with old friends. Looks like the canyon was beautiful also!

Flori said...

Yay, what a fun night. I am SO happy we were able to do that and hope it won't be so long next time! Maddie can't stop talking about your girls and how much fun she had!